Careers at CSG
Thank you for your interest in joining the Centre for Security Governance. In this space, we will post any staff positions and consulting opportunities that arise.
There are currently no available staff positions.
There are currently no available consulting positions.
Junior Fellowship Program
The Centre for Security Governance manages a junior fellowship program to give young international affairs professionals the opportunity to gain experience in the field while contributing to the work of the CSG. A junior fellowship at the CSG is a rigorous and rewarding experience, requiring strong research skills, knowledge of international affairs, and an exceptional level of maturity and adaptability. We make a commitment to provide an environment where junior fellows can expand their skills in research, communications and project management. When possible, each junior fellow is matched to one CSG staff member, who will serve as a mentor throughout the program.
The CSG expects junior fellows to contribute 10 hours per week over a four-month period. The fellowship is designed to be completed remotely – meaning that the successful candidate is not required to spend time at our office in Kitchener, Ontario. Communication between fellows and CSG staff will be undertaken via phone, Skype and other virtual tools.
Interns will be involved in a range of different activities, including:
- Participating in research related to the organization’s work;
- Assisting in the preparation of project/funding proposals and maintaining the grants database;
- Preparing blogs, web content, literature reviews, issue briefings and annotated bibliographies;
- Copy editing documents including reports, proposals and website content;
- Drafting organizational, policy advocacy, and supporter correspondence;
- Writing content for the company’s website;
- Assisting the staff with ongoing operations;
- Assisting in the organization of events, workshops and conferences;
- Support multimedia and video development
- Other duties as required by the staff to support the organization’s work.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications Now Open
The CSG is now accepting applicants for the May-August 2017 cycle of Junior Fellowships. To apply, review the job description below and submit a short cover letter, CV, and writing sample to: email@example.com with the subject line: Junior Research Fellow Application.
Applications should be submitted no later than April 30, 2017.